Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rave and Review: Unravel by Calia Read

Amazing -- everyone needs to read this new adult psychological thriller by Calia Read. Not a fan of the genre? Don't despair, I didn't think I was, either.

Six months ago, I was happy. I was simply Naomi Carradine.

One month ago, I was admitted into a psych ward.

Yesterday, Lachlan visited me. Kissed me. And told me that I’m starting to lose my mind.

Hours later, Max haunted my thoughts, reminding me I’m not crazy and that he needs my help.

A few minutes ago, I drifted further from reality, trying to unravel the past.

And now...everyone thinks I’m insane. But, I know he's real, and I know he needs me.

Do you believe me?           @Goodreads     @Amazon

Mind fuckery galore.

Usually when I read a psychological thriller, I am disappointed in the ending. If it’s especially fast-paced throughout, the ending is even more underwhelming for me. I also generally do not like new adult novels, although I’ve only read very few. So I started Unravel with low expectations, and was hooked very quickly. It was new adult that wasn’t corny and cliché. A psychological thriller that had me guessing until the very end, and even though I had my suspicions, I was completely satisfied with the outcome.

I am afraid to say too much about this novel, so as not to give anything away.  At the same time, I'm reeling, and I want to talk about it to someone, anyone.


 Prediction: Love it or hate it, I predict that you will not be able to put it down.

Warning: This novel does contain a vivid rape scene early on, and may not be appropriate for everyone. 

Published February 15th 2014

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it so much! Your comment guarantees a return visit from me to your blog -- I love connecting with new book lovers!